A mascot is believed to bring good luck, and is often used as a representation of the public identity of a brand name, professional sports team or a school. It’s usually a fictional character, and when used in sports, is basically a merchandising tool. Team mascots do not generally represent the nicknames of teams, and are chosen more for branding. It is therefore common to find a mascot that looks ridiculous or weird, in an effort to make it a memorable or unforgettable one. But sometimes they can go overboard, like these 20 worst college mascots used by some educational institutions in the U.S.
You might also like
- 7 Worst Celebrity Tippers That Will Surprise You
- You Don’t Want to Get Stuck in These 7 Worst Traffic Cities
- These 11 Worst Photoshop Fails Will Leave You Giggling
- 12 Worst Jokes Ever That You Don’t Want to Crack
- These 7 Worst Halloween Costumes are Simply Disgusting!
- 15 Games That Made The Worst NBA Record